Sen. Tom Coburn said Sunday on ABC's "This Week" that he'd accept tax increases as part of a fiscal cliff deal if paired with "significant entitlement reform."
"Will I accept a tax increase as a part of a deal to actually solve our problems? Yes," Coburn said.
"The real problem -- the president's proposing 7 percent of the solution," he said. "What we ought to be working on is the other 93 percent, because even if you do what he wants to do on tax rates, you only affect 7 percent of the deficit. What we have done is spend ourselves into a hole, and we're not going to raise taxes and borrow money and get out of it."