Republican Sen. Scott Brown's campaign announced Tuesday night that he will not hold another debate in the Massachusetts Senate race. Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren had previously been scheduled for a final debate on Tuesday. However, Brown announced late Monday afternoon that he was pulling out of the debate, due to Superstorm Sandy.
Later in the evening, the Warren campaign also announced that she believed the debate should not be held. However, Warren's campaign said the next day that she would still like to hold a final debate, with her schedule open for Thursday. The Brown campaign, though, is looking to move ahead with its prior plans.
"It is unfortunate that nature intervened in a way we all agreed made it inappropriate to carry on with the scheduled debate," communications director Colin Reed said in a press release. "With only days remaining in the campaign, and with a long-planned bus tour kicking off Thursday through Election Day that will take Scott Brown to every corner of the Commonwealth, our calendar simply cannot accommodate a rescheduling of this fourth debate and the planning and preparation that would go into it. Senator Brown is pleased to have participated in three major televised debates, and regrets that Professor Warren refused two additional earlier debate opportunities that he accepted."