An Iranian intelligence official said Thursday that the country had obtained evidence that Iranian nuclear facilities were set to be the target of a massive new cyber attack, to be launched by the U.S., Israeli and the UK following the failure of talks in Moscow this week designed to halt Iran's nuclear ambitions. As Iran's Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi told English language Iranian news outlet Press TV:
“Based on obtained information, the US and the Zionist regime (Israel) along with the MI6 [the British intelligence service] planned an operation to launch a massive cyber attack against Iran's facilities following the meeting between Iran and the P5+1 in Moscow,"
Moslehi went on to say that "we have taken the necessary measures," to guard against the attack, which he said was still anticipated.
The claim comes on the heels of reports by the New York Times and The Washington Post that the U.S. and Israel jointly developed two other pieces of malware that struck Iran previously, Flame and Stuxnet. The Iranian news outlet Press TV quoted both of those reports in its coverage as well.